Black grenadine tie with hand rolled edges
Black garza grossa grenadine tie is definitely the tie to own at least for the funerals. But you can make so much more with it, if you just give it a chance. The fabric of this DLA grenadine tie gradually deepens to black in a way that’s interesting but not overwhelming. This tie you can wear in the boardroom and into the evening.
There are two kinds of grenadines – garza grossa and garza fina. For the black tie we chose the garza grossa fabric as it has more substantial fabrication and looser, bigger weave than the garza fina grenadine. The garza grossa grenadine also makes for a slightly fuller tie knot which brings up the restrained and subdued texture of the black colored fabric.
Grenadine makes it all better. Not only is the grenadine more versatile for other occasions but it’s more elegant as the texture provides a nice contrast to the suit. The light, crisp weave of our silk grenadine fabrics makes the tie perfect for daily wear.
How to wear a black grenadine tie:
With the DLA garza grossa grenadine tie you can introduce a subtle layer of texture into a formal outfit like a dark blue suit, white shirt and black calf leather oxford shoes.
But for business wear the black grenadine tie works particularly well with brown suits. This is due the fact that black shoes work well with dark tones of brown as well. The brown suit with black garza fina grenadine tie is also a combination the legendary Sean Connery favoured in the movie Goldfinger.
Best business outfit with black grenadine tie
- brown herringbone wool suit
- white spread collar button-up shirt
- Restrained silk-wool pocket square
- black tassel loafers
- Width: 8 cm (≈3.15 inches)
- Length: 150 cm (≈59 inches)
- Fully lined
- Handrolled Blades
- 100% Silk
- Handmade in Italy
Material: garza grossa grenadine silk
The light, crisp weave of DLA silk grenadine fabric offers an unbeatable handle and purity of color. The grenadine garza grossa is a loose, three-dimensional weave which gives a subtle texture to an otherwise solid tie. DLA ties are made of high-quality grenadine silk produced by Italian Fermo Fossati, one of oldest silk mills in Europe. The company has been operating with quality and precision since 1871. The grenadine fabric woven from a high-twist silk yarn on wooden looms that date back to the 1920s.
Grenadine silk is irrefutably the most versatile fabric one can choose for a tie.
- Our ties are crafted in Northern Italy by a family business that has been making high quality neckwear for decades. All aspects of production are done inside the family–run factory, from cutting fabrics to tip making, stitching and finishing the ties.
- All DLA ties are made by using the classic, light and minimalistic three-fold construction and feature light interlining that helps the tie keep its shape, drape on the wearer, and shake out wrinkles after wear. For us a good drape, beautiful knot and functionality are more important than the number of folds.
- DLA ties are subtle yet refined. There are no striking brand tags or visible logos. We want you to love wearing them purely for the quality and feel they feature.