Mid grey wool tie with hand rolled edges
If you are looking for an ultimate business tie, look no further. A solid grey tie is a wardrobe staple every man must have: without it you simply can’t claim to be well dressed.
Hand-cut from generous blocks of the finest Italian wool and made by hand step-by-step, the tie is soft and vibrant, easy and appropriate for wear throughout the year. This wool tie will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter. Untipped finishing and hand-rolled edges make it light and comfortable, and it wears beautifully for a restrained and elegant look.
How to wear a grey wool tie
This grey wool tie can be worn year round with all kinds of fabrics. It looks good paired with a white crisp shirt and unstructured Neapolitan blue suit, or a striped shirt and a soft flannel Glen Check sport coat.
Imagine a dark blue blazer, lightweight mid-gray wool slacks and striped spread collar oxford shirt: this wool tie is the perfect choice to complement that outfit. After the work day, swap the wool trousers for more casual denim and don an unstructured cotton sport coat. But don’t lose the tie. What you have is a sporty and casual, yet elegant and refined look for after–work drinks.
Best “business casual” outfit with grey wool tie:
- Dark blue wool or cashmere blazer
- Mid-gray wool trousers
- Striped spread collar oxford shirt
- Dark brown wingtip oxfords
- Width: 8 cm (≈3.15 inches)
- Length: 150 cm (≈59 inches)
- Handrolled Blades
- 100% wool
- Handmade in Italy
Material – Wool
DLA wool ties are made of a lightweight, four-season wool fabric that is extremely refined and exclusive, and produces an iridescent effect.
If you have thought that wool fabrics are made only for fall and winter seasons, think again. The light, yet intensely textured Italian wool that is used for DLA ties is perfect for combining with your business suits and navy blazers.
- Our ties are crafted in Northern Italy by a family business that has been making high quality neckwear for decades. All aspects of production are done inside the family–run factory, from cutting fabrics to tip making, stitching and finishing the ties.
- All DLA ties are made by using the classic, light and minimalistic three-fold construction and feature light interlining that helps the tie keep its shape, drape on the wearer, and shake out wrinkles after wear. For us a good drape, beautiful knot and functionality are more important than the number of folds.
- DLA ties are subtle yet refined. There are no striking brand tags or visible logos. We want you to love wearing them purely for the quality and feel they feature.